From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Cheyenne
Throckmorton
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:08 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] Tomorrows CF Lightning Talks Listing

Tomorrow will be our first session of lightning talks where we cover a
multitude of topics in "breadth" vs our typical "depth" topics.  A lightning
talk is meant to be given in about 5 minutes and cover topic just lightly
enough to let the audience know 1) its something out there 2) basically what it
takes and 3) someone they know they can ask questions of down the road or after
the meeting.

Take the time and think about your 2009 and come up with a tag, a method, a
topic or even a project recap to talk about that the group may find of interest
and possibly put to work in their own environments.  There are plenty of things
to cover even outside of CF, from IDEs to Databases, to Analytics and
Productivity Tools.  Its only 5 minutes and doesn't have to be that long,
basically one example or a few slides.  We all have knowledge to share.

Also keep in mind that we will be giving away our Adobe Grand Prize at this
meeting.  This prize will be given to one of our lightning talk presenters,
which is a gift certificate to the Adobe Store for one prize worth up to $2100.

Here is a listing of topics and speakers that we have thus far.
http://www.atlantausergroups.com/events/coldfusion-lightning-round

*Presentation Capabilities in ColdFusion 9 - Josh Adams
*Quick SEO w cfhtmlhead - Cheyenne Throckmorton
*Linguistics - Peyton Todd
*Utilizing onMissingMethod() - Darin Kohles
*Surprises about browser-to-server request processing - Charlie Arehart
*Omniture integrations with CF - Rudi Shumpert
*Stiletto: Silent server-side CF debugging - John Mason
---
Duplicate Presentations
If we cycle through everyone and have time for more a few people have
volunteered several other talks.

*PDF Packages and ColdFusion 9 - Josh Adams
*Google Adwords in 5 minutes - Cheyenne Throckmorton
*PortCullis: SQL Injection and XSS filter - John Mason
*AIR 2 Server Sockets - John Mason

A continual listing of topics is being kept here (
http://www.atlantausergroups.com/events/coldfusion-lightning-round ) feel free
to leave comments or email presid...@acfug.org<mailto:presid...@acfug.org> with
your talks and/or suggestions.  Speaking preference will be given to those who
pre-submit their topics. I look forward to seeing many of you there tomorrow
and hear about what you have been doing and using throughout 2009.

Thanks
Cheyenne Throckmorton
President ACFUG