Yep, if one runs the instances as services, that’s an easy way to start them,
as Arun said.

If you don’t want to run them as services there are of course still other ways
to stop/start the instance. And either way, there are options to start them
from the command line or a shortcut.

First, about Windows Services, besides the command line options Arun offers to
create them, note that during creation of an instance it offers a checkbox to
indicate that you want to have it be a service. But if you didn’t take that
option, use Arun’s info to add it after the fact. Naturally, once it’s a
service, you can also use the Services panel to stop/start them.

You may prefer to do this from the command line (or a shortcut) instead. While
there are also jrunsvc options that could allow you to stop/start the
instance’s Service from the command line as well,  what I do instead is simply
create a shortcut that calls the Windows services controller (net.exe) itself:

C:\Windows\System32\net.exe start "Macromedia JRun CFusion Server"

and

C:\Windows\System32\net.exe stop "Macromedia JRun CFusion Server"

Of course, that’s for starting/stopping the CFusion instance. You would just
replace the quoted string with the name of the service for the other instances,
too.

Now, you certainly don’t NEED to run it as a service to stop/start it manually.
You can simply run the jrun.exe from the [jrun]\bin, such as:

jrun -start instancename

There are also –stop, -restart, and –status switches available as well.

Hope that helps.

/charlie