On 9/27/12 4:28 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
Le jeudi 27 septembre 2012 à 16:01 +0200, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
On 9/26/12 11:58 PM, Vinay Sajip wrote:
Tarek Ziadé <tarek <at> ziade.org> writes:

On a side note, since these are the original modules that were taking
out of Python's packaging implementation,
I don't think you can copyright them under your name like what I have
seen in setup.py
AFAIK I've only added my copyright to the individual files I've created, but not
to any of the files I've copied over from packaging. The plan is to move the
project over to hg.python.org at some point, but Antoine suggested (on
python-dev) leaving it on BitBucket until it gets a little more mature. I'm fine
with that too; there's still a lot to do on it.
I think it's perfectly fine to have hg.python.org/distlib and do what
you described.

It can mature there - it does not bother cpython or other repositories.

Plus, it makes it easier to avoid any licensing headache in a few
months/years,
since any contributor just have to sign the Python contributor agreement.
There are two of us maintaining hg.python.org: Georg and I. So, I don't
know about Georg, but I don't want to maintain repositories for every
third-party library that might one day become part of Python. OTOH, if
Georg wants to handle it, then fine :-)

Since I see distutils2, unittest2, stackless and many users repo in there,
Please define the exact rules here - rather than you willingness to do the benevolent work.

and what you mean by maintaining an extra repo exactly.