On 29 January 2014 13:31, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
> Here's Paul explicitly mentioning that Wheels being used with zip import is
> an incidental benefit and not a core feature.
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2013-March/020379.html

That's quoted out of context. It was in a thread about enabling
importing C extensions from zipfiles, which I'm against. I don't
always write emails as if they were documents to be saved for
posterity. Sometimes I even say things that are contradictory, or not
right. Heck, I'm not the authority on wheels, so what I'm saying is at
best opinion.

Sorry if I confused you or gave you the wrong impression, but honestly
I don't have the time to review and vet my emails any more than I
currently do :-(

Paul