On 09/30/2010 01:40 AM, Chuck Harmston wrote:
In my world, the "accepted" status should only be used in one
circumstance: when a person is actively developing under or maintaining
a patch for the ticket. It's an indicator that someone has taken
ownership of a ticket, to prevent duplication of effort, etc. For
example, I accepted ticket #25 during the DjangoCon sprints to prevent
other developers at the sprints from attempting to develop against the
ticket.

I believe the field 'Assigned to' works just fine for this purpose, no?