On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Tai Lee <real.hu...@mrmachine.net> wrote:
> I'd like to suggest (1) easy to find and use pre-defined searches to
> find tickets at each stage of triage, (2) a clearer indication of the
> next steps and the person responsible for it whenever a ticket is
> reviewed, and (3) tickets that have been sitting on DDN for a while be
> put to a vote.

This is completely right-on; I agree entirely. Some work has already
been done in these areas:

For (1) check out http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Reports (it's
linked in the nav). If there's anything missing there, please feel
free to add it -- it's a wiki page. Let me know if you need help
figuring out the linked query syntax.

Work on (2) began at some point over at
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/TicketChangeHelp. It's pretty rough
still, but once it gets better I'd love to link sections from the
ticket page and/or move it into the docs directly.

Ideally, I'd like each ticket page to have a "what's next?" box on it
indicating where the ticket is and how to move it along. Technically
this isn't hard -- we've got plenty of folks in our community who
could write a Trac plugin -- but getting the language right is
important. If we get that worked out to some extent I'll figure out
what the next steps are technically.

For (3), well, feel free to bring things up here or on IRC, I s'pose.
I'd really appreciate it if we didn't get 'em all brought up at once,
of course. But yes, if there are tickets marked DDN that you feel are
critical, please feel free to ask for a yay/nay.

Hope this gives you and/or others who want to help improve process a
place to channel that desire!

Jacob