Hi Mikhail,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Mikhail Korobov <kmik...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Waldemar,
>
> The problem was really hard to understand for me because I was
> assuming you're trying to describe django.contrib.staticfiles flaw
> while you were describing the problem with third-party asset managers.

It seems like most people here had this assumption. :(

> I think you have described a real problem here but (as you said) this
> problem is not a problem of Django itself and should be reported to
> asset apps authors and users via bug tracker and blog posts, not to
> django-developers list. I don't see how the incompatibility you
> describe relates to staticfiles at all - it is a flaw in asset
> managers and it is related to how css/html works, not to the way
> django works.

I went to django-developers in order to get some official Django
backing. I think this can be seen as a Django problem: It's Django's
community that will experience the problem and it's Django's task to
take care of its own community. If we tell asset manager authors "Fix
your asset manager." they might just respond "No. Your way is wrong.
Mine is right.". But if we can point to the Django documentation and
say "Hey, you don't follow the specification." it's a whole different
story. It's not a matter of taste, anymore. It becomes a hard fact.
They can still decide to not fix their code, but then they know they
are breaking the specification.

Bye,
Waldemar

--
Django on App Engine, MongoDB, ...? Browser-side Python? It's open-source:
http://www.allbuttonspressed.com/blog/django