On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <ja...@jacobian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Tobias McNulty <tob...@caktusgroup.com>
> wrote:
>> Ah, so realistically we should put all our media in 'static/<appname>', like
>> for templates, if we want to avoid conflicts with other apps.  Would that be
>> worth mentioning as a convention in the docs so we don't end up with a bunch
>> of reusable apps that aren't at all reusable?
>
> Dang it, I'd put this point in my outline and *thought* I put it in
> the docs. But I didn't. Yes, a note to that effect (and/or an example)
> would be the right thing to do. I'll add it when I get a chance.

Is staticfiles supposed to put "app/static/style.css" into
"<output>/style.css" or "<output>/app/style.css"? Currently it behaves
like the latter, but if it should behave like Django's templates we
need to fix the code.

Also, why is STATICFILES_DIRS split into a prefix and a root folder?
The prefix can easily be emulated via a subfolder within the root
folder. Is this really necessary or can we change this to a simple
list of strings? I'd happily provide the patch. :)

Bye,
Waldemar

--
Django on App Engine, MongoDB, ...? Browser-side Python? It's open-source:
http://www.allbuttonspressed.com/blog/django