On Oct 24, 2:18 pm, Markus Gattol <markus.gat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with others that this is better left to tools such as fabric/cuisine
> as they are build to handle these kind of
> tasks:http://readthedocs.org/docs/fabric/en/latest/api/contrib/project.html

There's indeed no generic way of deploying for everyone...

I'm currently finishing a new deployment framework at my company
(Mobile Vikings), inspired by fabric and also based upon Paramiko (the
SSH) library. (It is not to reinvent Fabric, but we just needed our
deployments to be  more flexibility/powerful. That is as declarative
as possible, readable, DRY and having reusable components, taking care
of cross-server dependencies/references, undo where possible, having a
deployment shell with autocomplete, easy beta/staging duplication, and
more...) If everything goes well and I'm confident, we will place the
stable source code on github and I'll post a link in django-users --
hopefully somewhere within the following two weeks.

By the way, any input of what you think a deployment tool should have,
or what you think that other tools lack is welcome. (send me in PM)

Cheers,
Jonathan