On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I honestly think that trying to integrate any sort of deployment
> features in django will only please the few people who use that
> particular method of deploying code, and irritate the majority who do
> it in a different manner. There is no 'correct' way of doing this, and
> trying to find a correct way inside of django itself will only lead to
> constant bike-shed discussions.

absolutely.

I myself deploy Django apps in at least three different ways, each one
for different situations.  choosing any one as _the_ official, and
replacing the others would be a downgrade for most cases.

of course, it could be done; it might even be easier for me. but it's
not what i've chosen.

--
Javier