Am 23.10.2011 21:59, schrieb feel:
> Hi, I wanted to propose a new possible feature in Django project that
> allows to sync the local folder with the remote one of the server
> defining all the configuration directly in settings.py.
>
> I've just done some months ago a simple implementation using rsync and
> I reported it in active state:
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577767-managment-command-to-deploy-a-django-project/?in=user-4174931

Hi,

I won't use rsync. Code should not be altered on the server but sometimes you
(or someone else) does
it. Rsync would overwrite it. Up to now I use unison, but there are better
solutions.

I would like to see a common variable in django's settings:
 STAGE=...
 with one of this choices: DEV, INTEGRATION, QUAL, PROD

It would be nice, if the django core could agree on a variable name and its
content.
Several deploy apps could use this common variable.

In our company we have a common variable. PROD is zero:

if STAGE:
    # some dev system...

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/