On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:21:54 -0000
"arthur debert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi folks...
> am I all for it.
> I've got no experience on e-commerce but there's a few things (I
> guess) I may help with... I guess this would be agreat project...
>
> I just suppose some "liberal licensing" would be nice (such as BSD or
> the like)...
>
> cheers
> arthur

What is it with wives and websites?  Anybody out there (who's a male
married to a female) not building a website for his wife?  I smell a
support group forming - Husbands of Work at Home Moms: the
Django Chapter. :-)

I originally intended the store I've built for my wife to be released
as open source, so I really tried to keep it generic in its innards.
However, after a slew of feature requests (from her as well as me),
I've broken the genericity of it and pretty much killed its open
source suitability. That being said, I'm planning on creating an
ecommerce framework that would be generic that could have components
plug into it (such as shipping cost calculation, integration with a
payment system, package tracking, etc).  I'm more than willing to throw
my ideas and requirements on a wiki and post code there as we go along
and see how it evolves.  This could be a killer app for Django.

- jmj