Ok, here's an attempt to elicit some kind of response, having failed
last time I asked this question:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_frm/thread/5b5b9070f8ca36d7

If I submit a reusable app, should its views pass a RequestContext to
the templates or not? If they don't, they'll break projects eg. with
templatetags that require request information. So if our apps have any
aspirations to reusability, does that mean we should *always* pass
RequestContexts, and that vanilla Contexts are essentially deprecated?

Joe