From: django-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Marty Alchin
Sent: 08 April 2008 13:33
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Google App Engine & Django

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Marc Garcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Well, it seems that you just need to migrate your django models to
>  appengine models.

The trouble is who "you" are. I make use of a number of third-party
apps, and I don't much enjoy the idea of having to migrate *their*
models over to appengine, only to have to keep those changes in sync
with other updates to the apps.

Maybe after queryset-refactor lands, we can get a BigTable backend to
actually run all existing apps, including the built-in auth and admin
apps. A pipe dream, I expect, but that's my hope, anyway.

-Gul