From: django-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Marty Alchin
Sent: 08 April 2008 14:01
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Google App Engine & Django

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Why don't we start a new branch (probably off query-set) to include
bigtable
>  support into the ORM, shouldn't all other modules work after the model
>  system is updated?

They should, although it shouldn't need a whole new branch, I don't
think. Once qs-rf lands, it should provide enough hooks that a
database backend should suffice. It still won't be simple, but it
shouldn't need a branch of Django's own code.

And since appengine lets you drop in your own Django codebase, we
should be able to just use queryset-refactor already, even if we don't
wait for it to be merged to trunk. I just don't know enough about it
to venture into that myself yet.

-Gul