My django site uses iso-8859-1 as default output of all the web pages
(due to ssi intergration with other iso-8859-1 pages).

So I have set:
DEFAULT_CHARSET = 'iso-8859-1'
FILE_CHARSET = 'iso-8859-1'

and this works fine for alle the pages I serve.

But now I have to serve an xml output for use with actionscript in a
Flash. This xml should be UTF-8 encoded.

Is there som way I can convert the queryset to utf-8 so that this will
work? Or can I convert each string as I output it in the template
(yeah, I use the template to create xml - not good, I know).

In addition the render_to_response uses the default charset, is is
possible to override this default and use UTF-8?

Thnx
Anders