I learned django with no programming experience and no python -- I
couldn't differentitate between python functions and django written in
python, but I can say the documentation is so well written, the IRC
channel so supportive, that I had no trouble at all.

I learned the most taking apart satchmo, the django shopping cart, and
making my own. All you need is grep or an editor that uses grep, and
searching the functions used to find where they lead/ how they work.
Again, no programming experience on my part and I could read satchmo
source because python is written so cleanly.

If you know programming.. I can't imagine python taking long to learn.
Start learning python now, and take on the 5 day django dive!