> The list of milestones and deliverables looks good to me. Having not
> participated in an IETF working group before, I have process oriented
> questions.

> Am I a part of the working group by being a member of the dmarc@ietf.org
> list?

Yes. The IETF doesn't have a concept of membership; you either
participate or you don't.

> How do I contribute to the working group, will the chairs ask for input at
> specific times or for volunteers to write specific pieces of documents?

Both of those things will probably happen, but that's in addition to general
list discussions on current topics relevant to the goals of the group.

> How does the working group decide that any given suggestion warrants
> inclusion in a deliverable or a base spec change or some other action?

When there's a rough consensus among the participants to do so. Usually it's
pretty obvious whether something is supported or not, but it's up to the WG
chairs to make the close calls.

                                Ned

P.S. You might want to take a look at "The Tao of IETF: A Novice's Guide to the
Internet Engineering Task Force", available here:

    http://www.ietf.org/tao.html