All,

On 09/15/2014 07:39 PM, Henrik Schack wrote:
In Denmark we have a somewhat large (10K+ domains) anti-virus/spam provider breaking DKIM signatures. They break DKIM signatures on incoming email by adding a "Virus scanned by xxxx" line to the body of the email.

Not sure how to fix this, but perhaps some day they'll get tired of my bi-monthly calls and emails complaining about how they do things.

it's nice to see how many respondents in this thread gave all sorts of advise to Henrik how to deal with a problem, which basically cannot solved by him because it is caused by some 3rd party (modifying the body of a mail for adv. purposes).

I interpreted Henrik's mail as a followup to the thread that John Kelly started, titled 'Indirect mail flows'. In my view both John and Henrik tried to make (a start of) an inventory of all sorts of real-life situations that potentially can break DKIM signatures or more in general: cause DMARC failures for legitimate mail flows where sending DMARC policy is p=reject.

And before starting the discussion about possible solutions it may be better to first 'complete' [1] this inventory.

/rolf

[1] the inventory will never be 100% complete, of course.