Rolf E. Sonneveld writes:

 > started, titled 'Indirect mail flows'. In my view both John and Henrik
 > tried to make (a start of) an inventory of all sorts of real-life
 > situations that potentially can break DKIM signatures or more in
 > general: cause DMARC failures for legitimate mail flows where sending
 > DMARC policy is p=reject.

IMO, the place to record the inventory is the wiki.  Mailing lists are
not a good place to keep such records.

 > And before starting the discussion about possible solutions it may be
 > better to first 'complete' [1] this inventory.

The suggested solutions, if they can be implemented without
standardizing additional protocols, are useful fodder for the proposed
BCP, which I think is on-topic at the moment.  I suppose they might
also be added to the wiki on a separate page or as footnotes, or
something.  So the discussions are useful IMO.  I hope Somebody[tm] is
adding such ideas to the wiki.  One of these days[tm] I'll do a run
through the list archives for that purpose, but I don't claim a patent
on that idea!

Steve