On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Henrik Schack <henrik.sch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >it's nice to see how many respondents in this thread gave all sorts of
>> advise to Henrik how to deal with a problem, which basically cannot solved
>> by him because it is caused by some 3rd party (modifying the body of a mail
>> for adv. purposes).
>> >
>> >I interpreted Henrik's mail as a followup to the thread that John Kelly
>> started, titled 'Indirect mail flows'. In my view both John and Henrik
>> tried to make (a start of) an inventory of all sorts of real-life
>> situations that potentially can break DKIM signatures or more in general:
>> cause DMARC failures for legitimate mail flows where sending DMARC >policy
>> is p=reject.

IMO, DMARC and the policy assertions made thereby is entirely beside the
point here - does nobody care that mail authentication signatures (DKIM in
other words) is being willfully damaged by clueless vendors?

Invalid DKIM signatures may not be a "negative" reputation factor, but they
certainly aren't a positive one either. . ."would all interested volunteers
please step forward" :-)

--Kurt