----- Original Message -----

If I recall the SPF spec, it specifies a MAIL FROM which is not the
RFC5321.mailfrom, but a mix of RFC5321.mailfrom and RFC5321.helo based on which
one was used to get the SPF result.

The original SPF spec is quite confusing on that, at least for me. On senderid,
I think they call this field mfrom to avoid confusion.

It seems weird that the SPF results would depend more on the HELO than the
RFC5321.mailfrom because if spammer.com put a SPF then

mailfrom: secur...@example.com
helo spammer.com

would seem quite problematic....