----- Original Message -----

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF/lib/Mail/SPF/Request.pm
"Note: In the case of an empty MAIL FROM SMTP transaction parameter (MAIL
FROM:<>), you should perform a check with the helo scope instead."

I think we are going in circles here.

The SPF spec is not clear or there is a disconnect with what's out there, or
both...