Original Message From: Murray S. Kucherawy
  On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:23 PM, J. Gomez <jgo...@seryrich.com> wrote:

    Couldn't the DMARC specification spell out that Receivers claiming to be
DMARC-compliant, when choosing to *accept* incoming messages from Senders
publishing p=reject (irrespective of whether such accepted messages passed or
not the DMARC checks), CANNOT after-the-fact reinject such received messages
into the public email infrastructure in any way that could render them (or
reveal them to be) DMARC-rejectable?

    So that if any Receiver-turned-Originator (i.e., Mediator) does otherwise,
they CANNOT claim to be DMARC-compliant?

    That would force DMARC-compliant Mediators to reject (or accept but not
resend) incoming email from p=reject domains, irrespective of whether such mail
passes or not the initial incoming DMARC checks.

    Then, if the market deems DMARC valuable by itself, pressure would be
applied by the "invisible hand" there were it needs to be applied (so that
reputable actors in the email ecosystem could claim to be DMARC-compatible).

  Apart from the CANNOT bit, is that different from where we are today?
Well, the CANNOT part would impede the whole lot of problems we are trying to
solve, wouldn't it so?

Regards,
J.Gomez