> On Apr 30, 2015, at 1:13 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <step...@xemacs.org> wrote:
>
> Murray S. Kucherawy writes:
>
>> we'd need to see some hope that widespread deployment is likely.
>> But we still have that pesky registration problem to deal with.
>
> IMO there is no registration problem for mailing lists for this WG.
>
> True, if big p=reject domains won't buy in, it's probably not worth
> our effort to even think about it.  But if they *are* willing to buy
> in, registering a *lot* of mailing lists, probably the great majority,
> requires only parsing the List-Post header out of incoming posts, then
> adding this to a global list or to the subscriber's profile.

I log any rejected email that has a List-Post or List-id (not all MLMs use
List-Id). I see a lot of marketing emails and spam with these headers. So there
is a need to make sure this is really a MLM. It is not overly complicated,
considering I’m mostly the only one to subscribe to MLM with my corporate email
address, but I wanted to mention the presence of such headers is not foolproof.