+1

I agree alternatives should not, nor has it even been required, to offer "criticism" in reviews. However, in this case, for what its worth, I didn't see/read Kurt's comment as criticism so I don't think the outburst was warranted.

Kurt might explain what he meant but I believe the 5322.List-ID header appears to have less added value and significance for DKIM purposes. It is very useful for the MUAs for categorizing mail. In fact, if we were to use a "List-ID" to trigger perhaps some "relaxed" DKIM verification method, it can be used as a DKIM policy security hole.

I think the List-ID idea for DKIM/Policy is where it can possibly help in an automated registration scheme or even protocol to help initiate the authorization process of MLMs. Its possible, but not everyone will use the List-ID so it can't be completely automated.

I think the key essential difference for the the MLM condition is:

    Author Domain IDentity (ADID) !=  Signer Domain IDentity (SDID)

That should be the trigger that will offer the maximum backend compatibility and plug and play solution. No other triggers are needed.

--
HLS