Franck Martin writes:

 > I did not want to burn your proposal, sorry if it passed like
 > this. I just wanted to make a comment, from personal observations,
 > that non-mailing list related emails have list-id too.

I made the same observation from a theoretical point of view, so I
have no problem with you stating those facts.

But the main point that everybody is missing is that we *do not* need
to deal with the "registration problem" in this WG because the
information to register a substantial fraction of mailing lists is
distributed in the related mailflows already, and the mailbox
providers know where to find the users for confirmation of their
intent.  There's no need for new protocols.

I would prefer to focus on getting a signature delegation protocol
specified and hopefully put into practice, discussing mailing list
verification practices when potential users bring them up.