On 6/15/20 12:44 PM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <1ef0572d-a83c-ad97-9c0d-5f5615ab1...@wisc.edu> you write:
> They both claim they're working on ARC.
>
>> So, solution 1.3 has been naturally selected.  Does it need to be
>> standardized, or is a BCP good enough?
>> I'd still like to see a solution for receivers to "un-munge" trustworthy
>> messages in a safe and
>> consistent way.  Is that where ARC comes in?
>
> No.  ARC lets mail systems accept list mail without munging.

How will a random intermediary know if random destination has implemented ARC
and will trust their claim?  Even domains hosted by SaaS providers will have
their own ARC reputation to manage, and might have to do things like configure
munging on a per-recipient/domain basis, assuming the SaaS provider grants that
level of control.  It's safer and easier to munge everything.

Even if you ignore my line of reasoning, I think that Ale made in the OP a
compelling case that the practice of From rewriting is here to stay.

Jesse