On 6/18/2020 6:28 PM, Tim Wicinski wrote:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 6:26 PM Dave Crocker wrote:

Oh good.  Let's predict the future.  That should be fun.

Have to agree with Dave here.   We have to accept it's a
constantly moving target.

We, as engineers, do believe we are making the proper decisions, and a good bit of the time, we are correct, otherwise we are worthless.

Its called IETF Engineering. I also called it striving to "Getting it Right ... the First Time." -- old Westinghouse QA Engineering motto, not about perfection but just at least to do it correct and fairly to all.

We have allowed for some real bad decisions to take place within the IETF-DKIM work in the last 15+ years.

That is my assessment.

I am seriously hoping through this IETF/DMARC work rendition some real solid outcomes can be reached that the entire IETF community, not just the self-interest groups behind the scenes, benefit.

No offense to anyone, 15 yrs on this, is not a good thing.

--
Hector Santos,
https://secure.santronics.com