No Murray, I was speaking to the PSD document.

PSD's entire purpose is to detect abuse of non-existent organizational
domains, so the definition of non-existent is crucial to its success.    I
believe the current language will produce false positives, albeit probably
a small number.    The current language is also more resource-intensive
than mine, although that is not my concern.

I believe this is also a general problem that full DMARC should address.
 If a domain exists but does not have a policy, we interpret this to mean
that the domain owner has not chosen to publish a policy, which is his
right.    If a domain does not exist, then there is no domain owner to
publish a policy and no reason to believe that the use of the domain is
legitimate.   In fact, use of an unregistered domain is a violation of IETF
policy and the entire name registration infrastructure.    Consequently, I
believe that SPF and DMARC SHOULD differentiate between "policy not
specified" and NXDOMAIN.   But to put this topic into play for DMARC, I
need to create a ticket, right?

I also want PSD to use a correct definition of non-existent because it will
establish a precedent for any generalization done as part of the full DMARC
effort.

Doug Foster