On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 5:31 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:

> On Tue 19/Jan/2021 07:43:01 +0100 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> > [...]
>

> I guess "[this document]" refers to the RFC number to be.  I think it's
> useless
> and can be safely removed, all of the five occurrences of it.
>
> It is clearer and more useful to specify the referred document when it is
> /not/
> this document.  For example:
>
>      Changes in Section 6.5 of RFC 7489 "Domain Owner Actions"
>
> The above is going to be rendered with the correct anchor in the htmlized
> version of the document.  It can be expressed in xml as:
>
>      <xref target="RFC7489" sectionFormat="of" section="6.5"/>
>
> so as to generate correct links whenever possible.

two things:  1) to be accurate I would want to target the section anchor.
But actually the real answer is 2) the RFC editor owns the final XML and I
believe
they perform a bunch of this work during the AUTH48 process.

Now saying that, someone will politely explain how wrong I am.

In fact, those are the two terms appearing in the title.  BTW, I'd change
> the
> title to:
>
>      Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
> (DMARC)
>      Extension For Public Suffix Domains (PSDs)

I went with the Murray;s "Experimental DMARC Extension For Public Suffix
Domains"

And Murray restructured the Intro and it feels much cleaner.

tim