On Thu 14/Jul/2022 17:12:19 +0200 Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 6:13 AM Scott Kitterman <skl...@kitterman.com> wrote:

I think a choice within DMARCbis is a bad idea. Effectively the choice exists. Evaluators will have the choice to stay with an RFC 7489 design or to upgrade to DMARCbis.

The incentive to upgrade is not clear. DMARC filters can run based on an obsolete version of the PSL with no inconvenience, for a different flavor of "upgrade". Indeed, according to John's figures, we could have done without any psd= tag.

Using obsolete data is a bug, not a feature.

Or using data that is accidentally correct most of the time, where alternatives are available. Either way, +1.

+1 from me too. Note, though, that the (current) DNS is accidentally correct most of the time, as far as our Tree Walk is concerned.

Best