On Fri 15/Jul/2022 21:28:09 +0200 Scott Kitterman wrote:
On July 15, 2022 6:26:39 PM UTC, "John R. Levine" <jo...@iecc.com> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jul 2022, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
+1 from me too.  Note, though, that the (current) DNS is accidentally correct
most of the time, as far as our Tree Walk is concerned.

No, it's not an accident.  We designed the tree walk based on our knowledge of
the way people publish DMARC records.

+1.  I was going to write something along these lines, but John got to it
first.  PSL is the accidentally correct approach.  The DMARCbis design is
aligned to how DMARC works.

I don't understand this unwearying opposition irrespective of the argument. If you do a tree walk NOW (which is why I said currently) you have exactly 0 probability to determine an abnormal PSD, since the tag hasn't been assigned yet.

Best