On Sat 06/Aug/2022 16:29:47 +0200 John Levine wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "no data collection."  It is true that
you can send a failure report immediately without saving anything for later.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” – George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Perhaps I'm unusually dense today but I still don't understand what any of this has to do with DMARC failure reports.

By remembering failure reports issued in the past, new failures having already reported characteristics (e.g. same forwarder) can be silently ignored. That would greatly reduce noise.

Best