On Mon 08/Aug/2022 14:10:53 +0200 John Levine wrote:
On Mon, 8 Aug 2022, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

We have plenty of work already without inventing more.  Let's agree not to do this and get back to work on what we've already agreed to do.

Does "not to do this" refer to failure reporting as a whole?

As is, it is a noise generator that the majority of users decided not to implement.

We can see what the group thinks.  But it surely would be foolish to spend our limited time trying to define a complex and unworkable redesign of a feature hardly anyone uses.

IMHO, we should either improve the feature or drop it.

Any hint about why it's not used?

Best