On Mon, 8 Aug 2022, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
It also misses the fact that "already reported characteristics" is undefined.

Right, that's to be defined. Clearly, the criteria differ between SPF and DKIM. We could also define fuzzy criteria.

Mike and I just provided separate reasons why that is both a bad idea and not even possible.

We have plenty of work already without inventing more.  Let's agree not to do this and get back to work on what we've already agreed to do.

Does "not to do this" refer to failure reporting as a whole?

As is, it is a noise generator that the majority of users decided not to implement.

We can see what the group thinks. But it surely would be foolish to spend our limited time trying to define a complex and unworkable redesign of a feature hardly anyone uses.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY