Quantities
--------------
I can see that FAIL quantities could be useful for motivating law
enforcement.  It has the advantage of installed code and relatively little
processing cost.  But to Murray's specific questions:

Yes, reporting quantity 1 is an inconsistency with the specification.
 This source also fails to provide the DKIM scope ID, which is another
inconsistency.   My point was that it caused me to wonder whether quantity
was necessary.   The source server is being scored, not the mail
messages, so it seems that all that is needed for reporting is "all pass",
"all fail", or "some pass and fail".  I have the impression that DMARC is
not intended to meet the delivery scoring needs of domain owners, so giving
an accounting of all mail is not required.

I don't see a problem with dual path, because all reporting includes the
Source IP.

Servers will fall into one of a very few categories, and even fewer
response actions.   The possible states and the domain owner responses are:

- The Source IP server is an authorized message originator and produces
DMARC PASS.  No action required.

- The Source IP server is an authorized message originator and produces
DMARC FAIL.  This needs to be fixed.

- The Source IP server is a forwarder and produces DMARC PASS based on
DKIM.  The DKIM Scope tells me where the message originated.  No action
required.

- The Source IP server is an unauthorized originator, or a
content-modifying forwarder, which produces DMARC FAIL.  A failed DKIM
scope ID may tell me where the message originated.  Nothing much can be
done about the apparent impersonation unless law enforcement takes interest.

Signature Counts
-----------------------
I am less impressed by the argument for multiple DKIM signatures.   As Mark
said, they might be useful if
(a) I send a message that is not signed by my own domain,
(b) is signed by the hosting service,
(c) the messages are forwarded so that the originating Source IP is not
reported, and
(d) the forwarder signs the message during the forwarder.
If only one message is reported, the forwarder's signature may displace the
hosting service signature, leaving me with no information about which
source servers have a problem.   This complicated case only matters if I
have no reporting from direct-delivery destinations, which seems very
unlikely.  On the other hand, tracking and reporting of multiple signatures
causes an increase in software complexity, data usage, and reporting effort.

DF