The world has changed.   Insecure mailing lists did not matter in the days
before email became a weapon.

This month I have been fending off attacks from 20,000+ Chinese servers
trying to break in using SMTP AUTH.   Everyone else's organization is
probably doing the same.  When nation-state actors are checking every lock,
security has to be tightened.

I would love to go back to the happy innocence of the early Internet, but
that day is gone.  Like Todd, I don't see any hope that people will back
away from the perceived security benefits of DMARC to accommodate mailing
lists, even if we publish Barry's language.

DF