Does anyone believe that things will change if we publish an RFC which says
"Verizon Media MUST change to p=none"?  I don't.

Lists have been hurt by the move to authenticated email.  Point taken.
However, the world is not going back to the good old days,.

There is no hope for a list solution to appear from outside the list
community.  If or when list advocates reconcile themselves to that reality,
we can start making real headway on solving the problem.  The outlines of
the solution have been on the table for several years already.  But those
solutions have been ignored because list advocates are waiting for everyone
else to change to meet list needs.

DF