Having negotiations between senders, evaluators and lists sounds difficult.
I agree the dream would be to have at least a semi-automated solution which
works. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the following rough idea
(with the assumption that most lists today are currently doing FromMunging
on p=reject domains):

   - By default FromMunging remains the practice without special
   information.
   - MailingLists add ARC Headers and an additional header for what the
   unmunged FromHeader was (with some agreed on standard, e.g. Wei's
   proposal

   use `Prior-From`).

This gives the information needed to evaluators to undo the fromMunging on
their end. Evaluators can check the original authentication in case the
list does not enforce authentication checks. More importantly, evaluators
can undo the fromMunging and restore the original header within the
evaluators system. This can be based on an explicit system (user manually
adds a setting that this list is trusted), or an implicit system (evaluator
sees that the list is trustworthy in general, or that is implicitly trusted
by the specific recipient).

This would place a burden on MailingLists (to add Arc headers and original
FromHeader) and would place a burden on evaluators (to have a refined
evaluation method with a nuanced understanding of "trust" in lists). It
seems if both parties showed interest it would be a tractable solution. A
nice aspect of this solution is that I don't believe these changes would
break non-participants, and gradual adoption by individual lists /
evaluators would show benefits.

Emanuel Schorsch