> I think that it shouldn't affect the answer about what to put in the
> document.  Those of us here are a
> miniscule slice of the overall user base for email, I think it's a serious
> mistake to think peculiarities of
> the exact lists we use is relevant to anything.

Indeed: I caution everyone about making assumptions based on what we
think we know, and extending those assumptions to the entire Internet.
There are things we can study (by, for example, doing DNS queries and
analyzing results), and there are things about which we just say, "I
don't know anyone who does [or doesn't do] this, so that must be the
case overall."  The latter is hazardous.

Barry