I'm starting this in a separate thread that I want to keep for ONLY
the following question:

Do we want to use the session we have scheduled at IETF 118 to talk
about the issue that clearly is still in discussion about adding a tag
to specify which authentication mechanism(s) to use when evaluating
DMARC?

Or shall I cancel the 118 session and just let the discussion continue
on the mailing list?

And being clear here: the "eliminate SPF entirely" suggestion is
definitely out, failing rough consensus.  We're *only* talking about
the suggestion to add a tag to specify what the sender wants.

Barry