Hi Barry,

We not both?  A robust discussion on the mailing list coupled with a dedicated session at IETF 118. This issue has deep implications for everyone from small businesses to the large players in domain hosting like Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo.

While these major players hold a disproportionate amount of influence given their scale, it's crucial that the IETF remains committed to standards that serve the broader community. The far-reaching impact of decisions related to SPF, DKIM, and DMARC policies cannot be overstated. Moreover, I believe that discussing these issues in a more dynamic setting like IETF 118 can bring fresh perspectives into the fold, especially from those who may not be regular mailing list contributors but have substantial stakes in this.

Specifically, I want to draw attention to the idea of expanding our focus to include DKIM Policy Modeling. DMARC, a derivative of the incomplete ADSP/ATPS protocols, has its value but has also been commercialized to a degree that may not fully align with IETF standards.   Instead of introducing new proposals, my suggestion aims to refocus our current discussions. I believe we could benefit from considering DMARC as an Informational document. This would allow us to collectively examine existing standards more critically and possibly identify areas for improvement that better align with IETF principles.

Thank you for considering this perspective.

Best,
HLS