What do you mean “stop authenticating?” — a soft fail is still a fail, not
a lack of auth, and this has been published best practice for a decade

S -mobile

Seth Blank | Chief Technology Officer
Email: s...@valimail.com

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.