It appears that Mark Alley  <mark.al...@tekmarc.com> said:
>>   People who publish -all know what they do.
>
>I posit that there is a non-insignificant amount of domain owners that
>don't know what the consequences of -all are other than that they've
>been instructed to use "-all" by a guide online, ...

I'm with you.  I have had too many arguments with people whose SPF records
end with -all and insist it is everyone's fault but theirs that their mail
doesn't get delivered.

The special case of a record only containing -all, meaning they send no
mail whatsoever, is different and I don't think it's contentious.

But I still am reluctant to give people a lot of advice about how to
sent up their SPF records. This is dmarc-bis, not spf-bis.

R's,
John