On 05/04/2018 02:52 PM, chill...@protonmail.com wrote:

> Well that's only my method of dealing with it.. generally I think it's worth
> waiting for them to properly fix some problems first. At least then people
> vote for what they want from them based on what they're prepared to buy.
>
> Likely next build for me is ASUS KGPE-D16 with libreboot, I'll still get hit
> with a reasonable portion of those bugs but at least not as many as on intel.
>
> ​Cheers,
A TALOS 2 is an even better choice - it is much faster and freer + IBM
should be supported purchase wise as they are very friendly to the open
source firmware community and small businesses like raptor (which made
the KGPE-D16's coreboot port, the coreboot native init code for fam15h,
the D8/D16 OpenBMC port, and a variety of other neat stuff)
Of course if you want to play x86_64 games the KCMA-D8 or KGPE-D16 is a
good choice, I play the Witcher 3 (DRM free!) at max settings with 4
cores from a 6328 CPU. Here's to hoping for a future POWER gaming
community. I suggest either the 6386 or the 6328 CPU for the D16 and the
4386 for the D8. Note the D16 comes with the module you need for OpenBMC
but the D8 seems not to.

For a laptop I recommend the G505S which has no ME/PSP and can be made
almost libre, it has open init for ram/cpu and people are working on an
open EC and to replace the other blobs.

Thanks for the links rick! Purism is a very dishonest company and their
phone is yet another example of faux-freedom hardware like their
laptops, they do absolutely nothing to address the real issues like the
baseband problem.