On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 02:54:20PM +0200, Shane Kerr wrote:
Okay, that's defined in RFC 4033, but has anybody ever written down that
this is the way everybody should do DNSSEC from now on?

Given that the largest provider of host operating systems currently
deployed is not planning to do DNSSEC this way, won't we have some
trouble if we start suggesting it's the right way?

If you start on that path, you might as well let that vendor run IETF.

As for this specific issue, Fedora-12 is planned to have "dnssec on
the desktop". I am sure someone will come with an OSX app as well,
and someone is bound (sorry) to ship unbound as a windows app too.

Think of it as the firewall and antivirus solutions. It starts as an
addon and then is integrated in the OS.

Paul