On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:

Shane Kerr wrote:
Presumably it would still forward queries to a nearby recursive
resolver, so there would be some shared caching going on?

Has anybody ever written this down anywhere? (Sorry if I missed it.)

It is called a validating stub.

And thanks to Wouter, unbound can now handle the case where the
DHCP obtained forwarder can be updated into a running unbound,
even if it means switching back and forth to being able to use
dnssec with the forwarder.

Now we just need something clever for hotspots that mangle DNS, though
I think more and more are using IP redirection instead of DNS mangling.

Paul