At 9:22 AM +0200 7/16/09, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 12:01:51PM -0700,
> Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote
> a message of 17 lines which said:
>
>> Some of the services defined in the draft are highly desired by some
>> Internet users.
>
>I did not hear them so this sort of users is obviously not in the
>dnsop WG :-) More seriously, noone mentioned here any survey about
>this. So, we can just guess and speculate.

I'll speak for my parents here: a DNS resolver that reduces the chance that
they'll get a drive-by malware infection is something they would happily use.
Having said that, a DNS resolver that gives them a page of search results
instead of the browser's error page when they mistype a URL is something the
*do not* want because it increases their confusion.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium