I think we're in violent agreement -- that's why I want to put _client
into the service registry so it doesn't further mess up the list of L3
protocols.
Right, except that I want that service registry to only include the most-significant-label.

Um, right, a client label is _<service>._client._<proto>

Yes, there's then a recursive situation in my proposed order where the stuff to the left of that also then potentially comes out of the service registry. To me, though, that's preferable from having the _client label separate the existing _<service> and _<proto> labels that SRV uses.

Don't understand why. These aren't SRV labels, they're TLSA labels, and TLSA labels already use _<proto> labels differently than SRV does, in RFC 6698.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY